The Jewel of Jiāngzhōu
The 12 Golden Butchers
The 12 Golden Butchers are highly skilled killers and thieves who spent ten years growing themselves from a handful of local bandits to a powerful criminal organization.
1. Golden Rat, Ban. Middle-aged, Practical and Ruthless. Branded with a Mark of execution on left cheek.
2. Silver Ox, Bo Cai. Phenomenally strong and skilled. Rumor has it she drugged her predecessor’s (Black Ox’s) wine to giver her an edge in the title fight. No one fully trusts her.
3. Crimson Tiger, Fang. [Master of Stone Tiger] The chief enforcer of the group, built like a mountain, she loves to fight. Is content with the way things are and is loyal to her superiors.
4. White Rabbit, Whisper Ming. Nothing is known about this Butcher and no rank and file members you’ve seen wear his color.
5. Violet Dragon, Yan Mei. Middle-aged, claims to be from a noble family but refuses to say which one. Has the demeanor and manners to back it up. Few people in the village wear her color.
6. Blue Snake, Shun XI. Fast and deadly, he’s emotionally withdrawn and hard to read.
7. Copper Horse, Bei Kai. [Lightning Tiger] loves to fight. He’s greedy and amoral enough to fit in with the rest but lacks the sadism some other members display.
8. Black Goat, Elder Tong. Neither wise or paternal, this irascible old man is a lifelong criminal whose too ornery and wicked to die.
9. Brass Monkey, Meili.
10. Red Rooster, Lao Bo. Risktaker, gambler and equal opportunity flirt
11. Green Dog, Chang Chan. An ambitious young killer, she has eyes on climbing the ranks of the organization.